Last updated on October 24, 2023.
These terms and conditions govern the use of BoriCorridor, a virtual platform dedicated to establishing a network of cultural organizations, spaces, and presenters that promote Puerto Rican culture in the continental United States.
“Branding” means the process of shaping an environment to reflect the cultural context of Puerto Rican culture throughout the continental United States by targeting an audience through advertising, development, supply, marketing, and other means.
“Content” means text, images, photos, audio, video, location data, and all other forms of data or communication about methods, customs, encounters, and expressions of creativity, labor, and citizenship that influence the cultural production that supports Puerto Rican culture across the continental United States.
“Platform” means a network of cultural organizations, spaces, and presenters that promote Puerto Rican culture in the continental United States and allow users to interact with one another or with the network, providing a variety of services such as creative content outlets, and communications services.
“User” refers to any individual who accesses, browses, crawls, scrapes, or uses the Website in any way.
“You” means a user of the Website.
- Registration and User Accounts
- You may be asked to register for an account to access the Website or some of the resources it offers. It is a condition of your use of the Website that all the information you provide on the Website is correct, current, and complete.
- If you choose or are given a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must keep it confidential.
- You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account, and you agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your account, as well as any other security breach.
- Use of the Website
- The Website is intended for individuals and organizations interested in promoting Puerto Rican culture in the continental United States. It is available free of charge for all participating organizations and users.
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding your use of the Website.
- You may not use the Website for any unlawful, harmful, or inappropriate purposes. It is the intention of this Website to respect and value diversity and to achieve the prevention of any discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material, are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- You may not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the Website content and branding in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us.
- You may use, reproduce, and distribute the content and branding of the Website for reference purposes only, directly citing the information obtained, and for materials solely in connection with the objectives and purposes of the platform.
- Privacy and Data Collection
- You agree to the collection and use of any information in your registered user profile by utilizing the platform.
- Any information you provide on your public profile may be used for promotional purposes in any media outlet, including but not limited to press releases, social media posts, advertisements, and any other platform in the future.
- Personal data may be gathered and utilized by the Company for marketing, targeted communications, and internal reporting.
- Your information may be disclosed by the Company to partners, collaborators, and other users of the Website.
- Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- The information on the Website is provided on an “as is,” and “as available” basis.
- We are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of any user contributions posted by you, other users, or third parties.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any content posted by users or third parties on the Website and you have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness.
- Under no circumstances will we be liable or responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential (including damages from loss of business, lost profits, litigation, or the like), special, exemplary, punitive, or other damages arising out of or in any way related to the Website, its use, content or branding.
8. Governing Law and Jurisdiction